Tuesday, July 26, 2011

My Morning of Re-Perspecting

Life has been a whirlwind in the last month or two. Filled with so many good things, certainly! A sweet family reunion, time spent in His creation and a couple of amazing youth mini$try trips, all interspersed with work and time with dear friends. Yes, so many good things.

In the last week, however, after the conclusion of all those amazing events, my mind has begun to look ahead toward the quickly-approaching end of life as I know it, and the sheer amount of logistical/spiritual/emotional/financial preparation that will be necessary in the coming 3 ½ months has begun to overwhelm me. Added to all of that is my resistance to change and my annoyance at having to deal with the inconvenience of a move that will happen before I had planned.

It has become clear to me this morning, as I write this and spend time with the Savior of the World and the One Who has never left – and will never leave – my side, that I have done a fine job of not surrendering my every moment to Him Who is completely trustworthy.

A few thoughts on the matter:

1. Oswald Chambers, in My Utmost for His Highest (July 28), asks, “What is my vision of G0d’s purpose for me? Whatever it may be, His purpose is for me to depend on Him and on His power now. If I can stay calm, faithful, and unconfused while in the middle of the turmoil of life, the goal of the purpose of God is being accomplished in me…. What He desires for me is that I see “Him walking on the sea” (Mark 6:49) with no shore, no success, nor goal in sight, but simply having the absolute certainty that everything is all right because I see “him walking on the sea.” It is the process, not the outcome, that is glorifying to G0d.”

2. I was created FOR HIM. Not for myself. “You are not your own.” (1 Corinthians 6:19) This is not a bad thing, nor a restrictive thing! It is quite possibly the most freeing truth we, as believers, may ever know!

3. . This world will pass away. Says so in 1 John 2:17 and elsewhere. It is not for me, then, to hold on so tightly to the world, or to give the things of the world (including relationships, work, mini$tries) so much importance that I begin to worry about them as they slip from my grasp. It is only for me to know God and to love Him and to delight in Him.

4. “Find rest, O my soul, in G0d alone; my hope comes from Him. He alone is my rock and my salvation; He is my fortress, I will not be shaken. My salvation and my honor depend on G0d; He is my mighty rock, my refuge. Trust in Him at all times, O people; pour out your hearts to Him, for G0d is our refuge.” (Psalm 62: 5-8)

Indeed, let the moving begin! :)

3 comments:

Heather said...

will be praying for you!

Mike E said...

I am writing from Dan and Lauren De Boer's house and saw your magnet on their refrigerator. I am so excited about your new adventures and great job at re-perspecting yourself! It helps me refocus as well. Keep up the good work

StacyAloha said...

Kristin! Thank you for posting this. It was a great reminder this morning of where our value lies and who we are regardless of anything we might "do" for the Lord or anything we might have. We are who we are because of what He has done! Your faith inspires me and I can't wait to see what God does with you during this next season of your life! Looking forward to spending some time with you soon!